Sagging Breast Correction
|Surgery Duration||3~4 hours||Anesthesia||General anesthesia|
|Hospitalization||Not required or 1 day||Removal of stitches||Not required|
|Number of postoperative visits||3~4 times||Recovery Period||Return to normal life after 3~4 weeks of operation|
What is Sagging breast correction “Mastopexy”?
Sagging breast correction “Mastopexy” for resilient and natural-looking breasts
The breasts sag and the elastic fiber of breast tissues changes as a natural consequence of aging. Breast ptosis correction “Mastopexy” corrects and lifts the sagging breasts. Breast ptosis or sagging results from pregnancy, childbirth, rapid weight loss, or aging. It may ruin the breast shape and causes stress.
Breast ptosis correction “Mastopexy” can lift up and reshape the sagging breasts and reduce the enlarged areolar. This procedure is as common as breast augmentation in many advanced countries. In Korea, more and more patients undergo breast ptosis correction “Mastopexy”.
The causes of breast sagging “Mastopexy”
A diagnosis of sagging breast
Breast ptosis can be determined by comparing the location of the nipples and the bottom line of the breasts.
- 01 Minimized tissue damages!
- 02 No sagging breasts! Beautiful and resilient breasts!
- 03 No scarring! Invisible stitches and minimized scars
- 04 No pain! Rapid recovery!
We recommend sagging breast correction to the following people.
- 01 Those whose breasts sag with aging
- 02 Those whose breasts sag due to pregnancy and childbirth
- 03 Those whose breasts sag due to rapid weight loss
01. The surgical procedures of breast ptosis correction vary depending on the degree of sagging.
01 If you have small and slightly sagging breasts
Your breasts can be solely corrected with breast augmentation. If breast augmentation is not enough, bi-plane breast augmentation and water breast implants are applied together. In bi-plane breast augmentation, incisions are generally made on the areolar or the bottom line of the breasts. However, JW Plastic Surgery makes minimum incisions on the armpits using an endoscopic technique. This procedure is much more effective for small and slightly sagging breasts than breasts with tight tissues and skin.
02 If you have seriously sagging breasts that cannot be solely corrected with breast augmentation
Several breast ptosis correction procedures should be performed together. If the breasts do not seriously sag, a crescent-shaped incision or periareolar incision is applied. If you have seriously sagging breasts, vertical incision or inverted T-shaped incision is applied.
03 Breast ptosis correction and breast augmentation can be performed at the same time.
If you have small and severely sagging breasts, the breasts should be lifted up and enlarged. This method is especially effective for those who have low volume in the upper part of the breasts.
02. Surgical procedures by incision technique
– Effective for slightly – sagging breasts
– Minimized scars
– Generally performed with breast augmentation
– Effective for moderately sagging breasts
– Scars only on the areolar
– Effective even for severely sagging breasts
– More effective for creating a beautiful breast shape than periareolar incision
– Less scars than inverted T-shaped incision
Inverted T-shaped incision
– Applicable for macromastia/breast ptosis
– The best effects for breast ptosis correction
03. Recovery from Sagging breast correction
You can leave the hospital on the day of surgery and return to normal life two or three days after an operation.
Breast ptosis correction is similar to breast reduction in many similar aspects, but it does not reduce the breast size. Therefore, you can see the progress and recover from an operation faster.
* Postoperative complications such as bleeding and infection vary depending on the patient’s conditions. Pay extra attention to postoperative management.
JW’s postoperative management system
Management system after breast surgery
After breast surgery, JW provides a systematic and specialized scar treatment program and post-operative management program for optimized results.
JW’s knowhow for Sagging breast correction (Mastopexy)!
- 01. No scarring! Scar treatment program
- 02. Postoperative management system for preventing capsular contracture, swelling, bruises, and pain
- 03. Cooperative medical system of the breast surgery team, the postoperative management team, and anesthesiologists
- 04. Use of Dantrolene for malignant hyperthermia treatment
- 05. Thorough safety management system for an immediate response to emergencies