Facial Asymmetry Correction
What is Facial Asymmetry?
When the central line of the face is not straight, we call it facial asymmetry. The jaw line on the right and left are different and the central line is bent or skewed. In some cases, asymmetry of the right and left jaws can occur. In other cases, mandibular prognathism or mouth protrusion can occur on top of facial asymmetry.
- Facial asymmetry breaks the balance and symmetry of the facial line and the jaw line.
- In addition to facial complexities, inaccurate enunciation reduces self-esteem
- Malocclusion can cause temporomandibular disabilities, discomfort in biting and chewing, and digestion problems.
|Surgery Duration||Approx. 2~3 hours||Anesthesia||General anesthesia|
|Hospitalization||2-3 days||Removal of stitches||2 weeks after surgery|
|Number of postoperative visits||5-6 times||Recovery Period||2 weeks|
We recommend Facial Asymmetric correction to:
- 01 The central line of the face is not straight and the patient– This is a common type of facial asymmetry based on clinical observation.
– Two-jaw surgery is recommended, followed by orthodontic treatment, both of which will improve facial asymmetry.
- 02 The central line of the face is not straight and the patient has microgenia and mouth protrusion.– Facial asymmetry is caused by one side or both sides of the jaw bone being under-developed
– The lower chin is pulled forward and facial asymmetry is improved through two-jaw surgery.
The lower chin is wide and the patient has facial asymmetry
– The central line and the jaw line are both out of balance and the lower chin is relatively wide.
– Facial asymmetry is improved through two-jaw surgery with mandibular angle reduction surgery.
- 03 The right and left sides of the jaw line differ in length and angle.– The central line is straight but the jaw line on each side varies.
– By varying the amount of jaw bone excised on each side, two-jaw surgery with mandibular angle reduction surgery will achieve facial symmetry.
What is Facial Asymmetric?
- 01 Needed to be done checking nerves, size of jaw bone to be come out with precise operation plans by 3D CT-scan.
- 02 Must need of fasting 8 hours before the surgery. (This includes of water, gums, etc.,)
You must stop taking medications that interfere with hemostasis (oral contraceptive pills, hormone drugs, vitamin E, aspirin, etc.) at least two weeks before an operation. If you are currently receiving treatment for high blood pressure, heart disease, diabetes, or thyroid disease, you must inform your doctor or consultant in advance.
- 03 Cigarettes may cause phlegm, sneezing, or bleeding after an operation. We strongly recommend that you stop smoking for two weeks before an operation.
A serious cold may reduce your trachea and respiratory functions. Please inform your consultant or doctor in advance if you happen to be suffering from a serious cold on the day of surgery.
- 04 Before you come to the hospital, you must remove makeup, contact lenses, any accessories, nail polish, and pedicure on the day of surgery.
- 05 We recommend you to wear comfortable clothes, which will not irritate the surgical sites, a mask, a cap, and sunglasses. In addition, we advise you to come with a guardian or use public transportation.
- 06 Recommend to avoid surgery dates before and after 2 to 3 days of menstruation.
Post operation treatment and check up
- 1st day after operationNeed of constant cold pack / Need to eat soup or drink juice.
- 2nd day after operationChecking of teeth and wound status of inner mouth. Need to eat something very soft.
- 3rd day after operationNeed to take X-rays. Eating porridge can be possible after given permission to leave the hospital.
- 4th day after operationConstantly ice packing will be needed.
- 5~7th day after operationChange Ice pack to warm pack, Need be done with gargle every time you eat or drink.
Good to walk to help with deswelling.
Need to eat soups or drink juice, milk, etc., while there are stiches inside of mouth.
01 You will be discharged on the next day or 2 days after operation and need take a good rest for 2 weeks.
02 Need to eat soups or drink juice, milk, etc., while there are stiches inside of mouth. And regular meal after a month.
03 Swelling will be maximum stage 2 to 3 days after operation, at this moment there must be maintain of compress tape and compression bandage.
Do the Ice Pack above the compression bandage.
04 You can check of final results for the bone structure, regeneration soft tissues, and final outer look after 6 months
05 You can allow brushing teeth 3 to 4 days after operation and must use soft tooth brush.
06 There can be numbness feeling near the nose area and lips as temporary for about a month or two.
07 Avoid the extreme sports for a month or two after jaw surgery. And please be careful with physical impact.
08 Pins or metal plate has been used for double jaw surgery can be removed after 6months