Double Eyelid Surgery
What is double eyelid surgery (Blepharoplasty)?
Double eyelid surgery makes your eyes look more vivid, bigger and natural.
Double eyelid surgery creates a natural-looking crease in the area above the eyelashes so that it makes your eyes look bigger and more vivid. A person with double eyelids is generally accepted as being a more active and open-minded person as double eyelids makes your face look brighter and friendlier. Double eyelid surgery is the most commonly operated plastic surgery so many people consider it as a simple operation, however, it actually requires a very delicate touch. To keep the natural balance of your face, only the best surgery methods and double eyelid shapes should be selected.
|Surgery Duration||30 mins~1 hour||Anesthesia||Sedation or local anesthesia|
|Hospitalization||Not required||Removal of Stitches||5 ~ 7 days after the operation|
|Number of Postoperative visits||2 ~ 3 times||Recovery Period||1 ~ 2 weeks|
Generation of double eyelid
Anatomically, an eyelid is consisted of skin, soft tissue, fat and muscle for eye opening and tarsal plate. Once your skin and either the tarsal plate or the muscle fascia for opening the eye are connected, the crease is created and when you open your eyes the skin under the crease is pulled up and forms the double eyelid.
Therefore, double eyelid surgery means creating an artificial crease, which connects either muscle fascia of eye opening or tarsal plate to the skin under your double eyelid line.
Methods to create double eyelids
01. Non-incision method (Buried Suture)
Double eyelid surgery methods consist of incision method, non-incision method (buried suture), and partial incision.
The surgery method is selected by the type of your eyelid, thickness of eyelid skin, fat volume under the eye skin, strength of eye opening muscle, and others, during the consultation with your doctor.
Creating natural-looking and big eyes without incision
Non-incision method (buried suture) that ties inner muscles and inner skin of eyelid, is considered as the best method for teenagers and young adults in their 20s, whose skin is elastic. If you have sleepy eyes, ptosis correction surgery should be conducted together, as double eyelid surgery cannot change sleepy eyes on its own.
Non-incision method (Buried suture) is recommended for:
- 01- Those who have thin eyelids Those who have a low volume of fat in the area of eyelids
- 02- Those who want to have natural-looking eyes
- 03- Those whose skin around their eyes is sufficiently elastic
- 04- Those who doesn’t want the incision method
02. Incision method
Distinctive and natural-looking eye shape!
Incision method cuts the double eyelid line to remove a certain amount of tissue, including skin, muscle, fat and connective tissues, then stitches the dermis layer under the line with fascia and tarsal plate, allowing the two tissues to adhere to one another by scar tissue. In this way, the double eyelid line is accurate and clear.
The incision method makes your double eyelid last long but swelling after the operation can last longer in comparison and it takes a longer time to make your double eyelid to appear naturally.
- 01. Those whose double eyelids are thick and have high fat volume
- 02. Those who want to have a distinctive eye shape
- 03. Those whose skin is sagging
- 04. Those who want to have big eyes and long-lasting double eyelids
03. Partial Incision method
You can have both natural looking eyes through the non-incision method (buried suture) method and distinctive eye shapes through the incision method.
Partial incision has strengths of both non-incision method (buried suture) and incision method. The partial incision creates a 10mm crease in the middle of the fold by the incision method, and the creases of both sides are shaped by buried suture. After the shape of double eyelid fold is created then the fold is stitched. Through the partial incision method, not only the double eyelid fold can last longer than the ones made by other methods but also leaving no scar remains, fat around eyelid can be removed, and swelling is relieved quickly. However, this method can’t be applied to those who have sagging eyelids.
- 01. Those who have a large amount fat or muscle around their eyes
- 02. Those whose double eyelid crease came undone after the non-incision method (buried suture)
- 03. Those who want to remove fat around their eyelids
- 04. Those who want to minimize scarring and swelling
< Fold types >
In-fold double eyelid is the most popular type among Koreans. Double eyelid starts from inside of epicanthal fold and the width become wider along the eye line. The line is invisible near the epicanthal fold and the height and thickness of the double eyelid line arise natural looking. It fits the contours of Asian’s eyes.
This double eyeline is observed among Western people and it makes eyes to look big and gorgeous however, this distinctive double eyelid line has no equivalent among Asian’s eyes. The line starts from outside of epicanthal fold and it becomes wider along the eyelid line. The entire line is invisible and obvious, so eyes with an outfold line look bigger. It fits generally for a person who has big eyes.
In and out-fold
It is a mixed type of In-fold and Out-fold. This type of double eyelid line makes one’s eyes to look bright and charming.
Procedure of Pre-operation
- STEP 01. Visit us and consult with our eyelid surgery specialist prior to operation
- STEP 02. Examine facial structure and condition, including eye shape, thickness and height of eyelids. Using the various double eyelid line tools that we have, you can check the pre-image before the operation
- STEP 03. Design the best double eyelid lines suitable for you
- STEP 04. Decide the final double eyelid shape based on the simulated image after the operation. We do not recommend to continue the operation if your eyelids are not suitable for having double eyelid.
※ You are required to pay special attention to yourself in order to care for any complications, including bleeding, inflammation and infection, following the operation.