|Surgery Duration||3~4 hours||Anesthesia||General anesthesia|
|Hospitalization||Not required or 1 day||Removal of stitches||Not required|
|Number of postoperative visits||3~4 times||Recovery Period||Return to normal life after 2~3 weeks of operation|
What is breast reduction?
JW’s breast reduction that considers your health and beautiful body shape
Extremely large breasts make you look dull and informal. Heavy breasts easily sag and cause eczema and pain to the neck, back, and shoulders.
Breast reduction is the plastic surgery procedure for reducing the size and shape of large and sagging breasts. Once a proper procedure is provided, patients are highly satisfied, compared to any other operations. Breast reduction, known as one of the most difficult operations in mammoplasty, should be performed by skilled specialists with extensive experience.
The causes of macromastia / breast ptosis / Breast Hpertrophy
The features of JW’s breast reduction
01 Minimized tissue damages
In order to minimize nerve damage, we perform breast reduction accurately through monitoring the nerves and blood vessels of the breasts.
02 No giant and sagging breasts! Imagine yourself with beautiful and resilient breasts!
Our well-experienced specialists create resilient and natural-looking breasts.
03 No scarring!
Breast reduction is known as a much more difficult operation than breast augmentation. Therefore, it should be performed by specialists with extensive experience to minimize scarring and maximize patient’s satisfaction.
04 No pain! Rapid recovery!
We minimize incisions for less pain and rapid recovery from an operation.
We recommend breast reduction to the following people.
- 01 Those who have extremely large breasts
- 02 Those who have pains in the shoulders, neck, and back or eczema under the breasts due to macromastia
- 03 Those who have sagging breasts due to pregnancy, childbirth, or extreme dieting
The key to the success in breast reduction is scarring. If the breast size needs to be slightly reduced, only small incisions are made around the areola. If the patient, however, has extremely large breasts, an operation may leave vertical scars on the breasts.
JW Plastic Surgery uses new breast reduction techniques that do not leave vertical scars for patient satisfaction.
Surgical procedures by incision type
– Effective for those whose breasts are not extremely large
– Short surgical duration and less scars
– More effective for creating a beautiful breast shape than periareolar incision
– Less scars than inverted T-shaped incision
Inverted T-shaped incision
Incision without vertical scars
– Applicable for extremely large breasts
– No vertical scars
– The breast shape becomes slightly flat, compared to inverted T-shaped incision.
Recovery from breast reduction
- 01. You may experience pain for one or two days after an operation, but it can be relieved with medications.
- 02. Dressing is removed two days after an operation. You should wear a soft brassiere for several weeks.
- 03. Swelling and discoloration on the surgical sites will disappear within a few days. Stitches will be removed one week after an operation.
JW’s postoperative management system
Management system after breast surgery
After breast surgery, JW provides a systematic and specialized scar treatment program and post-operative management program for optimized results.
- 01. No scarring! Scar treatment program
- 02. Postoperative management system for preventing capsular contracture, swelling, bruises, and pain
- 03. Cooperative medical system of the breast surgery team, the postoperative management team, and anesthesiologists
- 04. Use of Dantrolene for malignant hyperthermia treatment
- 05. Thorough safety management system for an immediate response to emergencies