Breast Augmentation with Implants
What is Breast Augmentation with Implants?
Breast augmentation for voluptuous and natural-looking breasts with Implants
Breast augmentation, also known as augmentation mammoplasty. The procedure involves implants being inserted beneath the breasts to enlarge them. The implant type and size depends on factors such as how much bigger you want your breasts to be, your breast anatomy, skin thickness and elasticity, and body type.
|Surgery Duration||1.5 hour ~ 2 hours||Anesthesia||General anesthesia|
|Hospitalization||Mostly not required||Removal of stitches||Not required|
|Number of postoperative visits||2 ~ 3 times||Recovery Period||Return to normal life 1-2 days after operation|
HD Endoscopic Breast Augmentation
Safe and precise breast surgery using HD endoscopy, HD endoscopic breast augmentation
Every individual has different standards of beauty for the breasts. However, the beasts can be evaluated based on objective criteria. JW Plastic Surgery performs HD endoscopic breast augmentation, considering the objective measurement results and the patient’s body conditions. Surgical methods of breast surgery vary depending on the patient’s breast shape and conditions. JW Plastic Surgery selects the best surgical method for you to create your own beauty and satisfy your needs, considering your body conditions.
The golden ratio for the breasts
JW Plastic Surgery performs the best surgical procedure for you, considering your body conditions.
|Measurement before HD Endoscopic Breast Augmentation|
Measurement of a breast implant size for natural-looking breasts
| STEP 01
Secure space for breast implants using HD endoscopy equipment for breast surgery.
| STEP 02
Insert a sizer to find appropriate-sized breast implants.
Based on the analysis results, insert the appropriate-sized breast implants.
| STEP 04
This method to find an appropriate size helps to create beautiful and natural-looking breasts and correct asymmetrical breasts.
JW’s knowhow in breast surgery
|Safe and precise breast surgery, HD endoscopic breast augmentation.|
|01 Beautiful and voluptuous breasts!
We create beautiful and voluptuous breasts using customized breast implants.
02 Natural and soft texture!
You will be satisfied with the natural and soft texture of the breasts as if they were originally yours.
03 Minimized damages on the main vessels and tissues!
HD endoscopic breast augmentation minimizes damages on the main vessels and tissues by providing a clear view to the surgeons.
04 A lower risk of breast asymmetry
We lower the chance of breast asymmetry through a precise operation.
05 No capsular contracture!
We lower the chance of capsular contracture through a precise operation.
06 No scarring! No pain!
We minimize bleeding and pain during an operation so that you can return to normal life as soon as possible.
Not all the HD endoscopic breast augmentations are the same! It requires with Doctors experiences and techniques makes differences!
JW’s medical professionals have been performing endoscopic breast augmentation since it was first introduced to Korea. They have been engaged in numerous academic presentations and activities related to endoscopic breast augmentation. Although more and more surgeons are performing endoscopic breast augmentation, they cannot acquire advanced skills and expertise in a short span of time.
01 Breast augmentation using HD endoscopy equipment
02 Prescription of special medications after an operation
We prescribe special medications for your natural-looking breasts.
By prescribing select medicines, we minimize capsular contracture.
03 Minimized scars
All incisions are made as small as possible. A large incision facilitates an operation, but leaves a big scar. Subcutaneous fat is stitched with fusible threads and the skin surface is sutured with adhesive tape to minimize scaring.
You may take a shower two or three days after an operation. You don’t have to worry about the pain when removing stitches.
Incisions are made on the deepest wrinkles of the armpits. You cannot even find a hint of a scar over the course of time.
Minimized scarring on the armpits
Incisions on the areola
Unlike the general semicircular incision on the areola JW makes an incision zigzag along the boundary of the areola to minimize scarring. If an incision is made on the deep bottom line of the breasts, scarring can hardly be seen.
Incisions on the bottom line of the breasts
If the bottom line of the breasts is deep or the patient has enough skin, it hardly leaves behind any scarring.
04 Special shaping brassiere
Although breast symmetry is considered during breast augmentation, the breast shapes may become asymmetric depending on the lifestyles or breast tissues. For example, a right-handed person uses their right arm much more frequently. In addition, the heart is located on the left chest, the use of the muscles of each breast is different.
Therefore, a shaping brassiere is required to maintain the balance of the breasts. In addition, some patients may find the bottom line of the breasts to be unnatural after breast augmentation. To prevent this, a shaping brassiere is recommended to the patients for beautiful and natural-looking breasts.
JW Plastic Surgery provides a shaping brassiere at no cost after an operation. We adjust the shape of the bra whenever you visit the hospital.
05 Pain management system
Many patients worry about the pain of breast surgery.
Pain is generally generated by bleeding and tissue damages. Using HD endoscopy, JW Plastic Surgery minimizes bleeding and tissue damages to reduce pain. In addition, intercostal anesthesia is provided during an operation and analgesics are prescribed after an operation. In this way, the patients hardly feel any pain and don’t need any epidural injections for pain. Patients can leave the hospital on the day of surgery without hospitalization.
06 Breast surgery that doesn’t require any massage
Smooth Breast Implants
Textured Breast Implants
Tip. What is capsular contracture?
When breast implants are inserted, a thin film consisting of scar tissues is formed around them. This film is called capsule. All patients who undergo breast augmentation using breast implants experience this phenomenon.
Capsular contracture refers to a phenomenon that the capsule becomes abnormally thick. If the patient experiences severe capsular contracture, the breasts may be transformed into the shape of a ball.
Capsular contracture may occur when the surgical sites are filled with blood or infected. The patient may experience capsular contracture due to severe rejection reactions, depending on his/her constitution.
To prevent this, the surgical sites should be carefully stanched and disinfected and space for breast implants should be secured accurately. In addition, the patient should take contraction preventives after an operation. The patient should receive massage therapies after an operation using smooth breast implants. However, textured breast implants do not require massage therapies because their surface is already treated with capsular contracture preventives.
* Postoperative complications such as bleeding and infection vary depending on the patient’s conditions. Pay extra attention to postoperative management.
Preoperative/Postoperative management and cautions for breast augmentation
01 Medications : You must stop taking medications that interfere with hemostasis at least two weeks before an operation.
You must take antibiotics and anti-inflammatory agents for one week after an operation.
You must take capsular contracture preventives for one to three months after an operation. The dosage duration may vary depending on your conditions.
02 No smoking or drinking : You must refrain from smoking or drinking for one week before and after an operation.
You must refrain from drinking for one week before an operation and for three to four weeks after an operation.
03 Pain : We minimize pain through our pain management program and by providing analgesics before general anesthesia wears off.
04 Daily life : You can return to normal life right after an operation and go to work on the second or third day.
05 Wash and shower : You can wash your face or lower body on the day of surgery. You may take a shower two or three days after an operation.
06 Sports : You can walk right after anesthesia wears off.
However, we advise you to engage in heavy exercise such as aerobics, tennis, and swimming, at least four to eight weeks after an operation.
Q&A about breast augmentation
- Q Can I breastfeed and take breast cancer screening after breast augmentation?
- A Breast implants are inserted under the mammary glands or pectoralis major muscles. They have no impact on the mammary glands and lactiferous ducts involved in breast milk production. Therefore, you don’t have to worry about breastfeeding and breast cancer screening after an operation.
- Q Which breast implants should I choose for breast augmentation? Round breast implants or teardrop breast implants?
- A Round breast implants made of cohesive silicone gel is softer than teardrop breast implants. However, those who have thin tissues may experience the rippling phenomenon that the edges of the breast implants are wrinkled. Teardrop Breast implants give a more beautiful and natural-looking breast shape to those who have sagging breasts, tuberous breast, or tight breast tissues. In addition, patients who undergo breast surgery with teardrop breast implants are much less likely to experience the rippling phenomenon. As teardrop breast implants are made of more cohesive gel than round breast implants, they feel firmer. Although teardrop breast implants have more advantages than round breast implants, it doesn’t mean that they are more suitable for all patients. Breast implants should be selected considering the patient’s body conditions and tastes.
- Q What is capsular contracture?
- A When breast implants are inserted, a thin film consisting of scar tissues is formed around them. This film is called capsule. All patients who undergo breast augmentation using breast implants experience this phenomenon. Capsular contracture refers to a phenomenon that the capsule becomes abnormally thick. If the patient experiences severe capsular contracture, the breasts may be transformed into the shape of a ball. Severe capsular contracture makes the breasts firm and unnatural. Capsular contracture may occur when the surgical sites are filled with blood or infected. The patient may experience capsular contracture due to severe rejection reactions, depending on his/her constitution. To prevent this, massage therapies are required after an operation. However, textured breast implants do not require massage therapy because their surface is already treated with capsular contracture preventives.
- Q What is the difference between smooth breast implants and textured breast implants?
- A Breast implants are divided into smooth breast implants and textured breast implants depending on their surface. Textured breast implants are made by adding bumps on the surface of smooth breast implants. Even though capsular contracture occurs, the textured breast implants relieve it by spreading. As smooth breast implants don’t have such function, the patient should receive massage therapy to secure space for the breast implants. In the past, textured breast implants were not widely used because of its thick outer cover and unnatural texture. However, the latest textured breast implants have a very thin outer cover and feel almost same as smooth breast implants. Textured breast implants reduce the risk of the side effects such as capsular contracture and location transformation, compared to smooth breast implants. In addition, breast augmentation using textured breast implants does not require massage therapies and patients don’t have to check the progress too frequently. Recently, textured breast implants have been more widely used since their texture and quality was greatly improved. Different breast implants bring different results. Smooth breast implants with massage therapies may feel like as though they move separately from the original breasts and slightly go to the armpits when you lie down. Some people misunderstand that they are more natural. However, they may be separated from the original breasts and feel awkward. Textured breast implants are naturally harmonized with the patient’s breasts. Unlike smooth breast implants, textured breast implants feel natural and don’t move to an awkward position even after a long lapse of time.
The features of JW’s breast surgery
01 Pioneer in endoscopic breast augmentation
M.D. Seul Chul-hwan of JW Plastic Surgery has been performing endoscopic breast augmentation since it was first introduced to Korea. Through numerous academic presentations and activities, he has contributed to spreading endoscopic breast augmentation in Korea. M.D. Seul Chul-hwan designs beautiful breasts through safe HD endoscopic breast augmentation.
02 Customized Breast Augmentation using a sizer
Before inserting breast implants, check the optimal breast size, breast symmetry, and detachment using a sizer.
As this step extends the surgery duration and increases the costs, many hospitals often skip it. However, JW Plastic Surgery considers this step to be very important to find the most suitable sized breast implants and obtain optimized results.
- STEP 01 Secure space for breast implants using HD endoscopy equipment for breast surgery.
- STEP 02 Insert a sizer to find appropriate-sized breast implants.
- STEP 03 Based on the analysis results, insert appropriately-sized breast implants.
- STEP 04 This method to find an appropriate size helps to create beautiful and natural-looking breasts and correct asymmetrical breasts.
03 Minimized incisions, scars, and pain
JW Plastic Surgery minimizes incisions for less scarring and patient’s satisfaction and rapid recovery.
04 Various breast implants
JW Plastic Surgery has various types and sizes of breast implants to find the best breast implants for each patient. In order to design beautiful breasts, we are using various breast implants of Allergan, Mentor, Silimed, Sebbin, and Polytech that have been proved safe.
We recommend combined breast augmentation to the following people!
- 01 Those who have extremely small breasts or thin subcutaneous fat
If there is a high probability that the inserted breast implants may be seen due to extremely small breasts or thin subcutaneous fat, we also conduct autoplasty for more natural-looking breasts.
- 02 Those who have pigeon breasts or wide breastbones (sternum)
If you have pigeon breasts, you cannot attain a beautiful cleavage solely though breast implants.
Cleavage is an important element for femininity. Many women who are willing to undergo a breast augmentation want beautiful and natural-looking cleavage.
If you have wide sternum or pigeon breasts, you cannot attain natural-looking cleavage solely through breast implants.
In this case, we graft fat into the cleavage to create beautiful cleavage and voluptuous breasts.
- 03 Those whose nipples are overly distant from each other
If you have wide-set breasts, situating the breast implants closer to the center is not enough to correct the breast shape.
It may instead make the nipples look more distant from each other.
In this case, we apply combined breast augmentation to adjust the center of the nipples and breast implants and then correct the breast asymmetry with fat transfer. This way, we correct wide-set breasts.
- STEP 01 Secure space for breast implants using endoscopy machine and predict the expected breast shape and size using a sizer.
- STEP 02 Reinforce soft tissues with fat transfer
- STEP 03 Select and insert the most suitable breast implants, considering the expected breast size and shape.
- STEP 04 Transfer more fat to the breasts if necessary.
* Postoperative complications such as bleeding and infection vary depending on the patient’s conditions. Pay extra attention to postoperative management.
JW’s postoperative management system
Management system after breast surgery
After breast surgery, JW provides a systematic and specialized scar treatment program and post-operative management program for optimized results.
JW’s knowhow for Breast Surgery!
- 01 No scarring! Scar treatment program
- 02 Postoperative management system for preventing capsular contracture, swelling, bruises, and pain
- 03 Cooperative medical system of the breast surgery team, the postoperative management team, and anesthesiologists
- 04 Use of Dantrolene for malignant hyperthermia treatment
- 05 Thorough safety management system for an immediate response to emergencies