|Surgery Duration||Approx. 1 hour||Anesthesia||Short-term sedation or general anesthesia|
|Hospitalization||Not required||Removal of stitches||1~2 weeks after the operation|
|Number of postoperative visits||1~2 times||Recovery Period||Able to return to daily activity within
1~2days after operation
What is autoplasty?
Autoplasty that creates a beautiful and youthful appearance
People experience sagging skin, fine wrinkles resulting from the repetitive use of facial muscles, and weight loss from their face with age.
Many young people with a flat face look vacant and older than their actual age. By grafting fat into wrinkles, hollows, and a flat face, we create a bright and youthful appearance.
In autoplasty, we harvest fat from the patient’s thighs, abdomen, or hips and graft it into hollow cheeks, nasolabial folds, or a flat forehead, wherever more fat is necessary, in order to create an adorable and youthful appearance.
In addition, this procedure is effective for reducing cellulites.
Autoplasty Surgical method
- STEP 01
Fat is collected from the thighs, abdomen, or hips.
- STEP 02
Impurities are removed to obtain pure fat using a centrifuge.
- STEP 03
Fat is grafted into the face using a microcannula.
If you undergo autoplasty with PRP or stem cell procedures, you can attain even better results.
PRP contains skin regeneration factors. We collect PRP by extracting this plasma from blood with a centrifuge.
PRP, also called blood injection therapy, is a concentrated source of autologous platelets that stimulate healing of wounds and regeneration and growth of skin.
If PRP is conducted with autoplasty, it increases the survival rate of grafted fat and extends the effective period of an operation.
In addition, it reduces acne scars and wrinkles.
02 Stem cells
Stem cells are undifferentiated biological cells that can divide to produce other cells or organs.
- STEP 01
Stem cells secrete growth factors to the adjacent blood vessels.
- STEP 02
Microvessels are created.
- STEP 03
New microvessels are connected to fat tissues.
- STEP 04
Oxygen, water, and nutrients are supplied through the microvessels.
In autoplasty, a portion of fat is absorbed.
Therefore, a survival rate of grafted fat is an important factor. Stem cells supply oxygen and nutrients to the grafted fat via blood vessels by stimulating engraftment and survival of fat.
In other words, stem cells increase a survival rate of grafted fat and extend the effective period of an operation.
JW’s constant research and study on stem cells
– Researcher of Yonsei University Medical School AAPS Institute for Human Tissue Restoration
– August 1, 2014 Invited for a lecture on fat transfer with stem cells by the International Master Course on Aging Science (IMCAS)
– 2007 Lecture on stem cell therapy at the 46th Yonsei University Archives of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery Symposium
The features of JW’s fat transfer with stem cells
01 High survival rate through precise transfer
In traditional autoplasty procedures, a lump of fat used to be grafted. However, JW Plastic Surgery applies micro fat transfer.
After separating fat, it is grafted under the skin using a micro syringe. This procedure minimizes pain but maximizes the survival rate of transferred fat.
02 Customized equipment
It is important to separate stem cells fast and efficiently and to secure enough stem cells. JW Plastic Surgery uses different stem cell harvesting methods depending on the body parts.
- 01 Collection of adipose-derived stem cells (SmartX) It reduces damages and losses of adipose-derived stem cells and minimizes potential contamination.
- 02 Collection of blood/bone marrow stem cells (SmartPrep2) Collected cells are grafted within 15 minutes after separation, concentration, and amplification. Therefore, the surgery duration is short and patients recover from an operation fast because healthy stem cells are used. This safe and effective procedure does not require any additional culture or refrigeration process.
- 03 Fat collection and separation (Harvest Jet 2) We use Harvest Jet II (Bodyjet evo), the latest model of Human Med of Germany, so as to collect enough fat with minimized incision. We harvest fat using the waterjet method to improve the survival rate of fat cells and minimize cell damages. Using LipoCollector, we separate fat fast, minimizing contamination.
03 Use of disposable medical supplies
When stem cells are separated from fat, they may be contaminated.
JW Plastic Surgery uses disposable medical supplies only during an operation.
04 Smooth liposuction
Some patients experience bumpy and uneven skin after liposuction on their thighs or abdomen. JW Plastic Surgery performs in the shape of a fan to create smooth body lines.
Cautions before an operation
- 01 You must consult with your doctor before taking any medication.
In particular, you must stop taking medication involved with blood coagulation or thrombus (aspirin, Plavix, Coumadin, pain killers, etc.) at least two weeks before an operation.
- 02 You must stop taking dietary supplements such as red ginseng, nutritional supplements, herbal medicines, vitamin A/E, hormonal drugs, antibiotics, chlorella, glucosamine, and omega-3 fatty acids at least two weeks before an operation.
- 03 If you have high blood pressure, you must consult with your doctor to normalize your blood pressure before an operation.
- 04 It is advisable to avoid undergoing surgery right before or during your period.
- 05 You must stop smoking and drinking at least two weeks before an operation.
- 01 Hospitalization is not required. You can receive outpatient treatment.
- 02 You must put a compression bandage on the liposuction sites (legs or abdomen) for three days in order to prevent swelling and bleeding.*(This could be yes or no depends on the amount of fats we harvest.)
- 03 Do not a hot pack or an ice pack on the surgical sites. Use caution to ensure that the fat-grafted sites are not pressed for at least two to three weeks.
- 04 You can return to normal life on the day of surgery, but do not strain yourself. You can wash your face or wear makeup from the third day, after the adhesive bandages are removed from the surgical sites.
- 05 If you have any sutures, they will be removed three to five days later.
- 06 You may experience temporary minor pain, bruises, swelling, or a tight feeling. It will disappear within one to two weeks.
- 07 Refrain from smoking, drinking, swimming, and using a sauna for at least one month after an operation.